DearArtiste started as random tweets to several upcoming Nigerian artistes who use Twitter both as a social network and as a music promotional tool. The #DearArtiste tweets have been able to reach these artistes and give out words of advice on various subjects and also encourage and motivate them. The DearArtiste Forum takes a step further to ensure that more artistes are given the opportunity to learn first-hand from industry heads because no man is an island or a fountain of knowledge all by himself. This forum provides an avenue where these upcoming artistes will meet with Artiste Managers, Producers, Label Owners, DJs, Radio Presenters, Publicists and other industry stake-holders. Talks are given by these industry heads, there are Question & Answer sessions and successful artistes also share some of their personal experiences to inspire the new ones.
The maiden edition of this seminar held on the 4th of February 2012 was a great success, as an attendance of above 200 artistes was recorded and the feedback have been amazing.
INTRODUCING THE #Dearartiste SEMINAR SEASON 2
As a result of the enormous success of the previous seminar, which led to the emergence of the #DearArtiste Website, and the successful mentoring and grooming of various young artistes, we have decided to take this forum to the next level by creating another avenue where young artistes as well as established ones can still learn something. Taking a look at most of the questions asked on our feedback page on the website, Facebook page and questions tweeted at us, we have identified the major areas of confusion for most of these emerging artistes.
And so this seminar will be themed: THE ARTISTE, HIS CAREER, HIS MANAGEMENT AND THE LAW OF CONTRACTS.
Speakers will be covering various subjects as follows:
1. GODWIN TOM [Veteran Artiste Manager] – The Role of Management in an artiste’s career, the relationship between an artiste and his manager and what to expect from your manager.
2. Barr. DEMILADE OLAOSUN [Entertainment Lawyer] – What is the law of contracts and how does it apply to an artiste’s career?
3. AYO ADEPOJU [C.E.O We Plug Good Music and Digital Music Publicity Exec] – What Digital Music Publicity entails & the place of social media in music promotion.
4. UCHE BRIGGS [Media Publicist and PR exec] – The Role of Public relations in an artiste’s career and what to expect from a publicist.
5. TOBECHUKWU EJIOFOR a.k.a iLLBliss – The attitude and Character of a Successful artiste. [how to conduct yourself in the industry].
OPEN MIC QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION WILL BE HANDLED BY: ID CABASA [C.E.O CODEDTUNES RECORDS] & NIYI “GIGGLES” ADEKEYE [INDUSTRY VETERAN]
The venue is THE SWEET SENSATION MULTI-PURPOSE HALL, OPEBI LAGOS.
DATE: February 9, 2013
TIME: 9AM – 1PM.
REGISTRATION IS ₦2,000 [TWO THOUSAND NAIRA] ONLY. [TO BE PAID AT THE VENUE]
THIS EVENT IS SUPPORTED BY: Midas Touch Productions, We Plug Good Music, OloriSupergal, Cool FM, Wazobia FM & Nigeria Info.
- THE NEGATIVE IMPACT OF FANS AND THE SOCIAL MEDIA ON THE NIGERIA MUSIC FACTORY …by Wale Applause (aceworldteam.com)