BahbiJay [real name – Babajide Olalekan Alagbe] is a rising Afropop/R’n’B sensation, songwriter, singer, studio engineer and music producer; he is exactly what the music scene has been missing in 2012. Hugely anticipated and hotly tipped for super stardom as a musician, he merges two contrasting sides – a philosophical, semi – motivational and a commercial style which is more sex appealing and upbeat.
Originally from Oyo State, BahbiJay incorporates his many different upbringing into his music by singing excellently in English, Pidgin English and his native dialect of Yoruba and merging these languages beautifully into his music. An exceptional artist by all standards, BahbiJay is also an executive at Dee-Pitch Records – the label which was at the helm of the 2012 release of the afro pop- tinged single “Jeka Soro”. Also born in Oyo state, Nigeria, BahbiJay has had a passion for music for as long as he can remember and has been singing from a very tender age then after he was admitted to Federal Polytechnic, Offa in 2005. He organized the “Walk Way To Fame” show for upcoming artist and went on, making trips to play several other events. He later traveled to Abuja to take up a job as a manager of a business venture after a stint as UPS courier service and estate management.
In 2011, BahbiJay moved away from his home and job in Abuja to Lagos to begin his music career; music is and has always been BahbiJay’s passion and he takes pride in his abilities as a versatile artiste, an outstanding producer and an extraordinary performer. He signed to the Mr. Tunde Y. Adeoti led Dee-Pitch Records. So far in his burgeoning career, he has started receiving rave reviews for her stellar performances in several universities, polytechnics and College of Education alongside several A-list artistes and it is clear for all to see that BahbiJay is certainly a future star and one to watch out for in the coming months.
His first single “Jeka Soro”, which is self produced is only the tip of the iceberg of what BahbiJay is bringing to the Nigerian and consequently African music scene. A producer’s remix from the Beat by Beat Studio was released on the 21st of August. “The remix is a mash of Azonto meet Techno“, the producer divulged.
- Gaise – AWA O TUSH O [prod. by Olaitan Dada] + DOBALE [prod. b QBitzz] (aceworldteam.com)
- Kreativ – FREESTYLE (aceworldteam.com)
- Klever Jay – SEXY LADIES [prod. by Irich] (aceworldteam.com)
- Mr. Flo ft. De Magnus – ROCK IT [prod. by Young D] (aceworldteam.com)
- Fabmoista – 25 TO LIFE [prod. by Fredibeats] (aceworldteam.com)
- MarioStyle – I’M KIND OF [prod. by Black Jessy] + REASON [Official Video] (aceworldteam.com)
- nOnEE ft. Stay Jay – ALIKOTO [prod. by Killbeatz] (aceworldteam.com)
- Jay Clare – ZAOKO DANCE [M.M.D] (aceworldteam.com)
- FMG – CHAMPION Freestyle [an Usher Raymond cover] (aceworldteam.com)