With scarcely anything left to prove to his northern fans as to the veracity and versatility of his talent, North-based Afro pop star, Abdullahi Suleiman Jimoh a.k.a ShaiTANK, has moved down to Lagos to try his luck in the industry. The smooth-talking rapper/singer/song-writer says: “I decided to relocate to Lagos, the center of excellence, where the music business is really happening, where the drum sounds loudest“. He said, I am convinced beyond reasonable doubt that I have found the formula for mainstream staying power. I am motivated seeing how other artistes creatively do their thing and people embrace it, and I told myself I have to talk about reality and things that means the world to me in order to make my music timeless and ever-green; that is why I am infusing a lot of innovative beat into my music to create a style and concept that is fresh, unique and urbane.
It took me over eight months to study and figure out what the industry needs, now I believe I’m matured and experienced, having come a long way since 2007 when I did my first hit. ShaiTANK first caught the attention of music lovers back in the North when he released his first single titled “Mubaje [Let’s Flex]“, which was a hit then and even spewed an animated video Alaba pirate because of the anonymity of the artiste. The single earned him a lot of attention and patronage from big brands that include MTN, which made him a headline act at it’s “Music By Us and For Us” along ALAN WAKA, BUZU, FATI NIGER, and ZULE ZOO.
“Mubaje Remix” song is a dance track, video’s story line has a traditional feel based on the costumes; the theme is hilarious, sexy and it demonstrates love. One of the major attraction in the video is one where the dwarf prove his ability to add fun and drama to the video, which prove that your disability don’t limit what you can achieve in life.
“Dunn Koko” simply means “pulse” or being passionate about what you are doing and the need to feel the energy behind it and was produced by Slim Beatz. | ENJOY!!!
- Spicy – REACH OUT [prod. by illBEATz] (aceworldteam.com)
- Gb Slowz ft. Skuki – MBA [prod. by Legendury Beatz] (aceworldteam.com)
- MaxJaymes ‘n’ YStunn ft. KidBlaize – YANGA [prod. by Tungsten Beatz] | ENJOY!!! (aceworldteam.com)
- Harrysong ft. Etee – HUSTLE Remix [prod. by Masterkraft] (aceworldteam.com)
- Zeel – TAKE IT DOWN [prod. by B-Myne] + Hennessy Artistry Performance (aceworldteam.com)
- E-Gnyte Shoots “Koko Ti Koko” Music Video w/o LKT (hiphopsouth.wordpress.com)
- Trill Musik presents: Arrel – LET’S GO [prod. by Fliptyce] (aceworldteam.com)
- BobbyMax – WHAT I WANT [prod. by Phat-E] (aceworldteam.com)
- Houston Grey debuts with SHE’S BURNING ft. Drey Beatz + TURN ME ON (aceworldteam.com)